John's shared items in Google Reader

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Late to the Game

I've started a new blog recently called "Late to the Game", a blog considering older "classic" games from a critical perspective. I'm working on numerous reviews thus far, however, a special preview about my frustration with Batman: Arkham Asylum is up. Surprisingly, I'm not enjoying it so far.

On paper I should love this game. Largely considered one of the best licensed games, Arkham Asylum comes from a who’s who of Batman pedigree. Character designs by Jim lee, written by Batman comic and animation alumnus Paul Dini (perhaps my favorite), and most importantly voiced by the same actors of the animated series - Kevin Conroy, Arleen Sorkin, and Mark Hamill's delightfully energetic demented Joker. And it’s Batman!

Please jump in and tell me your thoughts, recommendations, and the like.

No comments: